Click here for an easy to print or email Adobe PDF version.
In the Gospel of Mark, today's reading is the culmination of Jesus' ministry before the events of Holy Week begin.
Perhaps I am reading too much into the story, but I believe Mark is asking us, the readers, to ponder 4 questions:
- Who have you seen in what you have heard so far?
(Are you still blind? Are you willing to see now?)
- Will you seize the opportunity when hope walks by?
- What do you need Jesus to free you to do/be?
- How will you respond when what has been holding you back is finally removed?
* Link to Amazon.com Bibliography for Bruce J. Malina and Richard Rohrbaugh, Social Science Commentary on ... The Synoptic Gospels; The Gospel of John; The Book of Acts; The Letters of Paul; The Book of Revelation; and others.
+ Link to Amazon.com Bibliography for Amy-Jill Levine and Marc Zvi Brettler, Jewish Annotated New Testament, The Bible With and Without Jesus, Short Stories by Jesus, Entering the Passion of Jesus, and others.