Click here for an easy to print or email Adobe PDF version.
Clipart credit: Hermano Leon Clipart
For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, this is an ideal passage for pondering the transition from summer to fall. The season of rest and recreation, of planting and tending is giving way to the season of harvesting. Within each year, and within each lifetime, come those moments when all that is past becomes the prologue for what is to come. (To paraphrase Wm. Shakespeare, The Tempest, Act 2, Scene 1.)
The questions that arise in this passage are:
- What have we learned thus far from our travels with Jesus?
- Who is Jesus - really?
- What has all this prepared us for?
- And just what is it that lies ahead?
- What will be required us to actually produce the fruit from all this preparation?
- Are we ready for what lies ahead?